WooCommerce is an e-commerce platform that allows you to set up an online shop and sell your products online.
Here's a quick start guide that you can follow if you want to find out how to install WooCommerce on your website:
The plugin works as a checkout tool, and you can use it to set up secure payment options, configure various shipping methods, easily calculate taxes and, of course, create storefronts for your products, amongst many more features.
You can install the plugin in your WordPress admin dashboard, for free, and then, if you want, you can install other extensions (such as membership, subscription, dynamic pricing extensions, and so on).
Integrate Thrive Apprentice with WooCommerce if...
- you are looking for a way to easily integrate with Thrive Apprentice, in order to start selling your courses in a matter of minutes
- want to find a simple and cheap solution for your online store - you can sell your Thrive Apprentice courses through WooCommerce without having to spend any more money
- you want to avoid calculating your sales taxes - you can simply activate the geolocation and automatic taxes, and WooCommerce will take care of this for you
- you want to have complete control over your products and data (such as customers, purchase history) even if the platform closes
- you want to be able to set up your Thrive Apprentice products directly from the WooCommernce dashboard
- you don't want to worry about different payment gateways - WooCommerce has solutions for each type of payment gateway, from checks, cash on delivery, bank transfers, and so on
- you want full control over the checkout experience - you can build everything directly on your website
You may want to avoid WooCommerce if…
- you want an e-commerce plugin that allows you to skip the learning curve and rapidly setup your shop in a little time as possible
- you don't want to pay extra for more advanced functionalities - WooCommerce offers a wide variety of plugins and extensions, and, while some of them are free, there are still some that require additional costs that might add up in time
The WooCommerce Customer Experience
With WooCommerce you can have complete control over your cart and checkout process.
The default WooCommerce checkout process will send the users to their cart, after clicking the purchase button of the Thrive Apprentice course they plan to buy. On the checkout page, they can review their cart, apply discount codes (if applicable), and then complete the payment.
Upon payment completion, WooCommerce will send several e-mails to the user, containing the account login credentials as well as other order details.
So, if the users try to access the course in the same browser in which they initially tried, then the access will be instantly granted to them. If they are trying to access it from a different browser then they will have to log in using the credentials sent to them via e-mail.
What you can do, is to set up a login button on the course page, just as described in this article, thus giving the user the possibility of logging in directly from the Thrive Apprentice course list page.
The last chapter of this video takes you through the entire process from start to finish, so make sure to check this quick start guide as well, if you want:
Cancellations and Refunds
The cancellations and refunds can be handled directly from your WooCommerce admin, in the left sidebar of your WordPress account:
No additional settings are required in your Thrive Apprentice account - the access to the refunded or canceled course will be revoked automatically.
More information can be found here.
Upsells, checkout funnels, and order bumps
You can browse through the wide variety of extensions offered by WooCommerce in order to of features that allow you to create checkout funnels, order bumps, and upsells. All of these features are compatible with Thrive Apprentice.
With WooCommerce you can sell your Thrive Apprentice courses in bundles as well, not just individually. You can group them in any way you want, to create product bundles so that the customer could purchase more with one single click.
How to Setup WooCommerce with Thrive Apprentice
If you want to find out more information about how you can integrate Thrive Apprentice with WooCommerce, then these resources might be useful to you:
Furthermore, if you still don't know whether you should integrate Thrive Apprentice with a checkout tool or a membership plugin, then make sure to check out this dedicated article from our knowledge base:
I really hope you found this article useful. If so, don't hesitate to rate it with a smile below :)