With Thrive Headline Optimizer, you can create headline tests and you can also view stats for your ongoing test directly from your post/page:
First of all, in order to have access to these stats, you have to install the Classic Editor plugin.
Thrive Headline Optimizer works best with an older version of the WordPress editor, therefore we recommend installing the "Classic Editor" plugin to enable these features.
Once you have completed this step, you will be able to access all your headline stats as per the steps detailed below.
Open any post/page on which you have already created a headline test, and you see two sets of stats:
- Engagement rate
- Thrive Headline Optimizer Test box
Next to each of the headline variations, you will see some engagement metrics which tell you the engagement rate of each of the headline variations.
For example, the "Follow these 10 steps to have a great website" headline variation above has a 50% engagement rate, meaning that 50% of visitors that viewed that headline on the website, also created an engagement by fulfilling one of the engagement settings of the headline test.
Thrive Headline Optimizer Test box
With the Thrive Headline Optimizer plugin active you will find a "Thrive Headline Optimizer Test" box next to your post/page title in WordPress:
If you have an ongoing Headline Test on your post/page, in the Thrive Headline Optimizer Test box, you can see live data for your Headline Test.
Below you will find detailed explanations of all the information that you can find in the test box:
- Views: number of combined views that your post/page has had on your website;
- Engagements: the total number of engagements all of your headline variations for this post/page has got. For a detailed view of this information, click the "Details" link;
- Engagement rate: show the percentage of people that created any kind of engagement with your post/pages headline variations
If you clicked on the "Details" icon next to the Engagements, more information will appear about your Headlines Test engagements. You will be able to see here exactly where the Views and Engagements for your Headline Test have come from:
For example, in the image above, you can see that your "Clicks", "Scrolls" and "Time on site" have each 4 views, while 3 visitors that viewed your headline, clicked on it, and they also scrolled to the percentage of the page that you set to be recorded as an engagement, and none of the visitors stayed the amount of time on your website, that you set up to be saved as an engagement.
For more information about how to change the engagement settings, click here.
The three links at the bottom of the Thrive Headline Optimizer Test box will give you the opportunity to quickly navigate to the:
- Reports: will open the Engagement report of the Headline Test of your current post/page;
- View test: will open the detailed overview of the stats of your ongoing headline test;
- Headline Optimizer Home: will forward you to the Thrive Headline Optimizer Home Dashboard, where you can check any other ongoing tests you have, or create a new one.
You can also remove the Thrive Headline Optimizer Test box, but why would you do that?, by opening the "Screen Options" drop-down:
And uncheck the "Thrive Headline Optimizer Test" box:
This is how you can check the reports and stats for the headlines that you are testing on your website.
You can also read more about Thrive Headline Optimizer in this section of our Knowledge Base.
Don't forget to leave us a smile below if you found this article helpful! :)