If you have an issue on your site and you would like our support team to take a look, then you can quickly and easily give our team access by sending us an access token.
How to Generate an Access Token
1. Log in to the WordPress admin dashboard of the site that you want to give access to. Once there, look for the “Thrive Dashboard” from the left-side menu and click on it to access it:
2. In the "Thrive Dashboard" you will see the "Support Login" button in the upper-right corner of the page. Click on it:
3. Set the number of days that you want to give access for by completing the "Give access for ... days" section of the pop-up window that appears. We recommend 14 days:
4. Click on the "Go" button to generate the token:
5. Click on the "Copy and Close" button to copy the generated token:
Your new access token will be copied to the clipboard. All you have left to do is to provide it to the support team. Go to the support conversation and paste the token in the "Allow Site Access" section:
Read more about allowing our support team to access your site here.
This way, when you submit your ticket, the token will also be sent to our support team and they can look into the issue you are experiencing.
Is the access token secure?
Yes. Access tokens offer a far more secure method of giving us access than creating a user account manually and sending a username and password. Here are two of the most important reasons why the token functionality offers superior security:
The token is fully encrypted - The token by itself is meaningless without the "key" to unlock it. Therefore, even if you generate a token and someone else intercepts it, they will not gain access to your site.
Tokens have an expiry date - Tokens are set to expire after a certain amount of days that you can specify. When a token expires, all records are deleted both from your website and the Thrivethemes.com website.
As you can see, security was one of the most important considerations when building this functionality. If you need more details about this functionality, please check out this article. Hopefully, this article was useful to you. If so, please give it a smile below :)